Friday, May 30, 2008

Skywatch Friday 'Life imiatating art ?'

Since participating in Skywatch Fridays this past year I have been so much more aware of the beauty of the sky and familiar w/the normal colors for our area and the seasons . In the past week we have had a lot of overcast days so when I saw this sky I said 'wow, that is quite a blue --





oh that reminds me of my brother John's ceiling which is painted by a master artist to look like day turning to night depending on the lighting,-- 'art imitating life'--


so when the sky made me think of John's ceiling I thought is that 'life imitating art'? No, of course not -- there is no greater artist than God no one can catch all the beauty and depth and amazing--ness of this changing beautiful world we live in.




Your thoughts?

16 comments:

Indrani said...

Yes you are right: Only God can catch all the beauty and depth and amazing--ness of this changing beautiful world we live in.

I loved the blue of your sky.

SandyCarlson said...

I think that carrying a camera and thinking about this meme cause us to see the art--the created beauty--that is our natural world.

The artist who accomplished your brother's ceiling is inspired, to be sure.

Barb said...

I never go anywhere without my camera because you just never know when you'll see something inspiring! Or funny! I think God's paint brush is always best!

Anonymous said...

Very neat clouds.

Anonymous said...

Sky is a painting.

Unknown said...

I got the joy in enjoyment from that one!

Anonymous said...

nice sky I see faces

Petunia said...

Great shots:D

Petunia's SWF

Anonymous said...

Great skies ... and does your brother really have a ceiling like that? If so, it's like being in the Sistine Chappel painted bu Michaelangelo!

FO - 2 said...

I can see EINSTEIN to the left on no. 1 and 3.! Really!

Snap Catch said...

nice one for SWF! reminds me the quote... a brilliant diversity spread like stars, like a thousand points of light in a broad and peaceful sky. .. LOL! mine's up too hope you can drop by.

Diane Vogel Ferri said...

Skywatch has made me appreciate the sky that is in our view every minute - but so often ignored.

Daniel J Santos said...

beautiful images

 gmirage said...

I'd love to have that for a ceiling! Great art, happy sky watching!

Tom said...

Natures art wins hand down for me.. but I still like a good painting

Unknown said...

Great shots and lovely skies!