- Heat up leftover pizza in a non-stick skillet on top of the stove, set heat to med-low and heat till warm. This keeps the crust crispy. No soggy micro pizza. I saw this on the cooking channel and it really works.Easy
- Put cooked egg yolks in a zip lock bag. Seal, mash till they are all broken up. Add remainder of ingredients, reseal, keep mashing it up mixing thoroughly, cut the tip of the baggy, squeeze mixture into egg. Just throw bag away when done easy clean up.
- When you buy a container of cake frosting from the store, whip it with your mixer for a few minutes. You can double it in size. You get to frost more cake/cupcakes with the same amount. You also eat less sugar/calories per serving.
- To warm biscuits, pancakes, or muffins that were refrigerated, place them in a microwave with a cup of water. The increased moisture will keep the food moist and help it reheat faster.Newspaper weeds awayStart putting in your plants; work the nutrients in your soil. Wet newspapers put layers around the plants overlapping as you go coverwith mulch and forget about weeds. Weeds will get through some gardening plastic they will not get through wet newspapers.
- Use a dry cotton ball to pick up little broken glass pieces of glass- the fibers catch ones you can't see!No More MosquitoesPlace a dryer sheet in your pocket. It will keep the mosquitoes away.
- To keep squirrels from eating your plants sprinkle your plants with cayenne pepper. The cayenne pepper does not hurt the plant and the squirrels won't come near it.
- If you purchase a new bike for your child, place their picture inside the handle bar before placing the grips on. if the bike is stolen and later recovered, remove the grip and there is your proof who owns the bike.
- to get something out of a heat register or under the fridge add anemptypaper towel roll or empty gift wrap roll to your vacumn. It can be bent or flattened to get in narrow openings.
Reducing Static Cling
- Pin a small safety pin to the seam of your slip and you will not have a clingy skirt or dress. Same thing works with slacks that cling when wearing panty hose. Place pin in seam of slacks and - voila - static is gone.
- Before you pour sticky substances into a measuring cup, fill it withhot water. Dump out the hot water, don't dry the cup. Next, add your ingredient, such as peanut butter, and watch how easily it comes right out.
- Hate foggy windshields? Buy a chalkboard eraser and keep it in theglove box of your car. When the windows fog, rub with the eraser! Worksbetter than a cloth!
- If you seal an envelope and then realize you forgot to includesomething inside, just place your sealed envelope in the freezer for an hour or two. Voila! It unseals easily.
- Use your hair conditioner to shave your legs. It is a lot cheaper than shaving cream and leaves your legs really smooth. It is also a great way to use up the conditioner you bought but didn't like when you tried it in your hair...
Goodbye Fruit Flies
- To get rid of pesky fruit flies, take a small glass fill it 1/2" with Apple Cider Vinegar and 2 drops of dishwashing liquid, mix well. You will find those flies drawn to the cup and gone forever!
Get Rid of Ants
- Put small piles of cornmeal where you see ants. They eat it, take it "home," & cannot digest it so it kills them. It may take a week or so, especially if it rains, but it works & you do not have the worry about pets or small children being harmed!
Take baby powder to the beach
- Keep a small bottle of baby powder in your beach bag. When you're ready to leave the beach sprinkle yourself and kids with the powder and the sand will slide right off your skin.