Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Time Travel Tuesday Memories (We're having a baby)



My Life as Annie sponsers Time Travel Tuesday so we can post about Memories her Topic this week is We're having a baby I guess I will do my first birth experience.

I was green most of my pregnancy while working at a bank doing customer service. Since they knew I was leaving they replaced me about halfway through my preganacy and moved me to be a receptionist where I answered the phone over 30 times an hour. I only had to run to"emergency" Dr. appointments twice once for round ligament pains that kept me from standing up fully most of the last 2 months and once for excruciating pain in my ribs I swear he had his feet braced on my ribs and was pushing out for dear life..

But I digress ...

The weekend R was due my sister and her family were in for a memorial day visit but to me it felt more like labor day. They were in the process of leaving Sun Aft and i went to the bathroom and I thought I think this must be my water breaking because this is not normal..But I was not sure and I was embarressed so i didn't tell my sister or hubby she left and Hubby was going to talk about his 2 years in Central America at a church meeting so I laid down and rested.

He came home I slept between uncomfortable feelings in my tummy hmmm... next Am I thought I should call Dr and they said get in here quick everyone scolded me for not coming as soon as my water broke. After all the humiliaing proceedures that I do not even think they do anymore all the shaving, enima, etc.. I kept contracting but no progress... he was posterior so they decided I could push him out or turn him. I got an epidural but nothing numbed except my legs totally and completely so for the 4 hours I pushed hubby had to hold up my legs my back was killing and after 4 hours of exhaustive pushing and 30 some hours of labor they used forceps to pull him out. I was horrified when I saw them .....

but when I saw him I cried he was here finally...1:31 AM Tuesday, he was so small(relatively speaking)...8lbs 13oz :) so cute and so strong he was looking around the room stretching his neck as soon as he came out, one eye was swollen but he had all ten fingers and toes and was sooo alert and listened intently when I spoke. He was jaundiced and I had a severe tear so we had to stay in the hospital for ^6 days I had to use that milking machine and cried as he was under the lights in the nursery I was weepy but got over that soon he was such a Happy smart baby and I could not get over the fact that he had been in my body and was so recently w/ Heavenly Father I knew this childcould teach me so much.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I was sick like that too. And worked at a bank! And yet you did it again 3 more times!

nikko said...

What a story!

Annie said...

Thanks for sharing your birth story!

Lana said...

wow! look how young you were, and how tiny and cute R was!

Birth stories are always so fun! thanks for sharing :)

Marcia Francois said...

Hi

Over from Annie's. I came to meet someone with my name!

http://organisingtips.blogspot.com
http://takechargeofyourlife.blogspot.com