There are places we love for the beauty of the structure -Places we love for the people they remind us of -places we love for the food we enjoy there- places we love for the memories they hold
1. This is a beautiful Catholic church very near my childhood home -I was never Catholic but attended some midnight Christmas Eve masses w/ my good friend. We also walked together there after school for her weekly confessional
2. The county fairgrounds were less than a block from our home so we spent countless hours here watching horse and dog shows, running the stairs,working lemonade stands, cleaning stalls so we could ride horses and dreaming.
3.This is the downtown library We used to ride the city bus here and spend hours in HS doing research finding great books, falling in love w/ everything about literature, libraries and the beautiful volumes they hold
4. These are the beautiful angels restored on the courthouse downtown
5. This is a new bridge that represents an old thing the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Guys were always so impressed that this was where I was from.
6.this is McKinley's monument a beautiful rotunda for the president from my home town, we loved rolling down the huge grassy hills and I took my children to do it when we visited
7.This is the view from the front of the monument-- of the skyline and the park system that we have so many memories-ice skating, parades etc..
8.This is a still family owned Pharmacy that literally kept us alive growing up we had a charge account there for medicines i remember the druggist was soooo kind I also remember buying penny candy there:>
9. This place has the best pastries in the world!!! we go whenever we visit home and enjoy every bite.... we also used to sweep the stairs for them and they would give us free cookies:>.
10. This is the Hall of Fame Mcdonald's home of my first official job I was a Hostess, cashier, and crew chief over the time i worked there.
11. I love this place because it is where my dad is living and going through some rehab
12. I esp love this place because it keeps my dad alive
13.I love this place because It is a "clean well lighted place" to stay when I visit-- it is my sisters house:> (who I also love)
2017 Christmas Home Tour - Part #2
4 hours ago