Monday, April 14, 2008




If I had to describe myself one of the things I would say is I like to cook esp baking So, Do you think if you like to do something -- does that equate w/ being good at it? I guess I did.? These Blond Brownies or 'Goldies' are an old family favorite. I remember my sister C making them often. We all loved them as kids and it was one of the recipes I had to have after I got married -- for my own family. I have made these -- I would have to say, hundreds of times and we still love them. My niece was baptized last night and I brought some to share. Both my Mom and one of my sisters said I didn't know you could make "Goldies" I said they're not hard we make them all the time. Mom: -- "did you use margarine or butter?" me: "butter". Mom: "Oh,(with derision) well my mom used margarine she said if you use margarine you don't have to use as much salt?"
Ok Mom.

Blonde Brownies
2 c Sifted flour
2 ts Baking powder
1/4 ts Salt

1/2 c Butter or margarine
2 c Brown sugar
2 Eggs, slightly beaten
1 ts Vanilla

Combine first three ingredients and set aside. Melt butter in microwave or saucepan, add brown sugar, mix . Cool slightly. Add beaten egg and vanilla, stir just till combined. Stir in flour mixture. Spread in greased 9x13 inch pan.. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Do not overcook. Cool in pan. Cut into bars.

5 comments:

Britni said...

So where's this butterlicious recipe of yours? Oh wait, I'm going on a carb free diet until the cruise so I can fit into my swim suit. Ha.

Lana said...

yumm-o!!

I have a good life said...

Seems like a yummy recipe! And your niece is so cute!

L said...

Those look sooo good. It's times like these that I wish I was avoiding sweets!

david mcmahon said...

Before I wish for a guitar, I'd have to wish for musical talent!!

Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog.