Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #49 How do I love thee ? Let me count the ways---- Rusty, dusty, old, peeling, well used.. .... but why?

For some reason If it is Rusty, dusty, old, peeling, well used.. I really like it! I used to want to bring everything in my house-- now I mostly have it outside or just take a picture... I do wonder why it appeals to me?? Because it has been useful?
What do you think? If any of these appeal to you? why do they?

1.I know this one was well used


2.this one is much better planted in the ground than on the store shelf

3.this one is the sentiment behind it (given to us ten years ago when my MIL died) by our kind neighbors

4.this because it had the strength to grow in our garage threshhold

5.this cause I took it from my dear friends garden when she moved 8-9 years ago

6.this cause a woman in Colorado made it w/ a chainsaw and I hefted it through Denver Airport security for hours


7.This I just like

8.Old brands on barns and fences always catch my lens

9.This was in the old stock yards Any ideas? I don't know?

10.She seemed to grow brown fur after a bad storm

11.This is just cool right?

12.see #8


13.this is from an old Studebaker

I like shiny and bright too but these seem to tug at my insides-- What about you?
.

27 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

I like the old and the dusty, too. These things seem to speak of another time and place, and it's romantic and fun to bring that time and place into this one.

Carol said...

I love it! You have a great eye!

Britni said...

Nope I'm more about the bright and dramatic than rusty and well-used :)

Lori said...

What a great list...beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder. Happy TT.

pussreboots said...

Lovely photographs. Happy TT.

Di said...

You are brilliant at finding the joy and beauty in everything!

Anonymous said...

I like picture #9.

Anonymous said...

You have wonderful photos!

Robin said...

I like the Joy rock and the Welcome sign :). They look very natural where you've placed them.

Hootin Anni said...

I'm married to the rusty, dusty and moldy!! [kidding]

I like the "Joy" rock. You're so right in saying it looks better in the garden than on the store shelf!

My 13 is posted, come join me?
Happy Thursday.

DrillerAA said...

Love the photos.
No 11 is very well done.
No. 8 looks a little like part of a hinge and portion of a latch, but I'm not sure.

Happy TT

Susan Demeter said...

I am so the same way! Love the photos especially the wee angel :) Happy TT

Phoebe Jordan said...

Happ T13! I love the list of all those amazing pictures. I wish I could take pictures as beautiful as those. They are also very creative and lovely. Hope to see you at my 6th edition about Laurell K. Hamilton at Talk About My Favorite Authors blog.

Rebecca said...

Ooh, you have some good stuff. I like the old and rusty stuff too! :)

Unknown said...

oh m'gosh. i love all of these. there's something about old and dusty...love it. makes me feel cozy.

hey, i pass on some *humungo huggies ~n lotsa lovies* on my blog to you today. just lett'n u know.

Chelle Y. said...

I love the bunny!

Denise Patrick said...

Wonderful pictures, but I only like the old and dusty if it belonged to someone I knew and loved. Although, I do like wandering through cemeteries and wondering about the people buried there.

Happy TT!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I like them because they have history, and history's intriguing. If these things could talk, what do you think they'd say?

Oh, the fun I could have with that!

Dianne said...

Old, dusty, rusty, broken ... they have such character and tell stories

I can't pick a favorite - they're all so different and they're all so good!

PatriciaJ said...

Great idea. I am contemplating participating in Thursday 13 and you are positively inspirational. Maybe because today I feel a little rusty, a bit like the tin man and wishing someone could oil my bones.

Michelle said...

What a fun TT. I like old and dusty also. Old things always seem to have a history and have great stories to tell. Thanks for stopping by my TT.

bernieg1 said...

Great list, mine is up at Top 13 Boys Names for 2007

Forgetfulone said...

I see possibilities. Thanks for dropping by my blog today.

Catherine said...

No need to worry about it. I like these old things too, as opposed to my husband you can't understand.
Marcia, you have the eye of a photographer, searching a "soul" and memory to things.
I particularly, appreciate the "Joy" put in the ground. As if you had "planted" joy in your house. That's the way I let things speak to me.

Tammy said...

I think you just have a artist eye. Your pictures are great.

tiarastantrums said...

that was a fun post!!

Shauna6pack said...

Maybe we like it because we are rusty and dusty...