Saturday, July 19, 2008

Saturday is a storage day

This AM I drove QomC's family to the airport to go spend a week on the beach in Cali-- I am so jealous:) Driving someone elses car used to seem so odd-- but now it seems like just adjust the seat and mirror (because I am much shorter than Nikko)and it seems perfectly normal.

Then this afternoon I went w/ my sister's ward to our church's cannery - we worked hard and had a little fun too. We filled a mountain of these boxes



with about 200 #10 cans of rice, wheat ,beans,oats. apple slices, hot cocoa, etc for personal purchase


It took about an hour and a half to fill this many (3-4 for the whole ordering and paying) and it felt good to do it ourselves. We are advised to have an emergency storage of 3 months to 1 year of basic food needs to use in times of need or emergency. It feels good to have some reserve. Like the story of the ant and the Grasshopper.

We stopped on the way home for The best Quesadilla's in the world,(Brooke's words) at this place in Carrollton they are very good, and when your very hungry from hard work, they are the best in the world:)


This is what I brought home

Just call me 'Ant Marcia'

1 comment:

I have a good life said...

I was wondering who took Nikko to the airport! So great that you could. The cannery looks fun!