Monday, October 05, 2009

MY World The State Fair of TEXAS

My World


In line everyone was talking about the newest decadent
deep fried thing at the Fair this year it was Fried Butter


I had no desire to try it but then i saw these awards and
people eating it said it was awesome --so ..

we went to the booth

and the three of us shared one order of these honey cinnamon treats
they were yummy and tasted like a roll w/ lots of butter

More coming

lots of commercial displays



























and contests

She is carved totally out of butter!!

lots for kids to do

and animals for all ages



5 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

I guess it is Fair to say no one is excited about my fair shots:)

Louise said...

Fried butter? I think there is nothing left to fry but oil! Holy cow! It's a good thing county/state fairs only come once a year!

I'm intrigued by the giraffe. I'm sure I've never seen one at a fair. I'd like to take home the pig!

Sylvia K said...

Oh, boy! Did your post bring back memories!! Having been born in Dallas and having lived there a good portion of my life, this was like a trip home! The State Fair was always a must see and I've enjoyed many of them!! Thanks for the memories and the fun! Great post and marvelous photos!

Have a great week!

Sylvia

Happily Retired Gal said...

I enjoyed your photos of your State Fair but the last one of the giraffe took me TOTALLY by surprise ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Catherine said...

In disorder:
A baby girafe ! What is she doing here ?
You see that yellow flowers bed around the Jon Deere sign ? Well, here, in France, they are flowers we buy to lay down on the graves for the Toussaint celebration, the Deads celebration, the 1rst of November. For me, your picture, represent a John Deere's grave ! But just for me, with a french look on it....
And, to finish, have you saved some cinnamon treats for me ? That was certainly one of the most pleasant stand, no ? I was just coming in your fair to eat some. Hope you thougt of me.....