Monday, October 26, 2009

MY World visiting Luray Caverns in Luray Virginia

more My World

The first evening in Luray we walked the small downtown


area and enjoyed how the whole area was decorated
there were several of these displays on the city bridge

we ate here the food was VERY good

we were impressed that folks could leave this stuff outside
there businesses and no one bothered it

We have been to Several caverns in the
US before :Carlsbad in NM is most impressive
and InnerSpace in TX is much smaller
The Luray Caverns hit the middle
between the two we had seen previously




This was so impressive but I could not get a great shot the
water was reflecting the ceiling so it looked as if the growths went up and down

some looked like frosting

they called these bride and groom

some resembled curtains

this is the Ghost that glows and seems to follow you:)


These were at the end --
broken off Stalagmites that were here forever ,
people used to touch them for good luck and
now they ask you not to touch the fried eggs:)

13 comments:

Sylvia K said...

What a fun tour! And a really beautiful place! I've been to Carlsbad and it is spectacular, but your shots are terrific and you can really get a feel for the place! Love the ghost and the "scrambled eggs!!" And the "curtains" are so delicate looking! Thanks for sharing your trip!

Enjoy!

Sylvia

Carver said...

Great shots and what a fun post.

SandyCarlson said...

These are really neat, Marcia. Happy Halloween!

Luiz Ramos said...

Beautiful Luray and caverns.
Luiz Ramos
PS. Here, we enjoy beach the whole year!
Water has always been good for swimming.

Photo Cache said...

Very cool place. It is similar to the cave I have been here in Cali.

www.ewok1993.wordpress.com

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Marcia: It was so much fun to see your trip into the caverns. Great photos of the formations.

Janie said...

Beautiful caverns. You got some great shots. I really like the reflections in the water.

Eve said...

Neat caverns!

I wish I lived in a city where people could leave their decorations out without worrying about destruction or thievery!

Snap said...

What a wonderful time you had. I love caverns. And the town -- lovely decorations for this time of year. Thanks for taking us with you.

Ebie said...

I have never been to one and your photos are giving me good ideas of what it is like!
The "fried eggs" look like real fried eggs!

Thank you for the lovely tour!

I have a good life said...

So fun! I love caverns. So awe inspiring and unique. They can be super slippery, though!

Dirkjogt said...

Wow, great shots in the cave. Thnaks for sharing

Jack and Joann said...

Well thanks for stopping by a cave in my home state of Virginia.