Monday, January 10, 2011

Our Dinner Ratatouille

We fed  12 people mostly teens and it was ALL gone but all were full happy and satisfied
 Getting Vegetables ready to roast for Ratatouille

Blackberry /pear Balsamic Salad

finished Ratatouille

Apple Crisp for Dessert mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Roasted Ratatouille Pasta

This vegetarian meal is super-easy to whip up, making it a perfect weeknight meal.

Ingredients

  • Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
  • 1 head garlic
  • 1 medium eggplant, ends removed, peeled and cut into small chunks
  • 2 to 3 medium zucchini, ends removed, quartered and into small chunks
  • 2 red bell peppers, cored, seeds removed and cut into small chunks
  • 1 large onion, cut into small chunks
  • 4 sprigs thyme, leaves removed
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
  • 1 pound whole wheat penne
  • 1/2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
  • 1/2 cup (a large handful) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more to pass at the table

10 comments:

reg said...

all that food looks so delicious.

Lui said...

Marcia that looks sooo tempting! I love your red takes. But I hope you link back to Ruby Tuesday (host) and use a permalink (to link to your RT post and not your URL) because it makes it easy for most of us to access it.

Liz said...

Yummy post! Happy Ruby Tuesday.

My entries:
Moms... Check Nyo
Yummy-as-can-be

Maria @ LSS said...

Everything looks good. I bet the apple crisp was gone in seconds.

Frostbite and Sunburn said...

Oh my word - I am salivating already!

DrillerAA09 said...

Looks good enough to eat. Now if I can just get past the movie image of a rat preparing it, I'll be fine. Happy RT.

anne said...

It looks so yummy, I am sure it would be yummier if I would have a taste of it. Hehehe here's mine thanks http://www.terryannemary.com/2011/01/ruby-tuesday-37-chinese-calendar.html

Hootin Anni said...

Mmmmmmmmmmm, delicious!!! And the dessert too, wow...apple crisp is a favorite dish around here at my home.


Come visit me today...I have special Ruby Red Earrings to show off for Tuesday.

Here's the direct link:
My Ruby Tuesday

http://hootin--anni.blogspot.com/2011/01/for-want-of-title-earrings-appear.html

Anonymous said...

The food is delicious and I am not surprised teenagers ate all available. Your header is gorgeous!

DECO Y JARDIN said...

Good taste