Sunday, August 19, 2007

Happy Anniversary (a love story)

When this cute boy was in HS he had no idea what was in store for him in the future..
he was kinda quiet and dated a little

She was not quiet and dated as much as she could in HS

He was a scholar and played football

She thought football players were cute :>

4-5 years later after junior college and work for her-- mission work and 2 years of college for him they met at the same University in Utah... She asked him where he had been all her life?? He helped her w/ questions for the sunday school class she was teaching, he was so smart--- he took her skiing...their love blossomed... this picture was at beautiful Bear Lake Idaho

They loved the great outdoors and spent what little spare time they had playing in the park

and hiking the mountains


He was still a scholar and played a little football , she loved to watch


This was a sad day they were parting for 4 months, a lot can happen...

A lot did happen ...but they reunited he survived a bike crash, his cast was short lived but she was not sure she could survive the mustache:>

Things progressed.. but as much as she wanted it.. the surprise question she was waiting for didn't come...:<

Then one day while they were hiking he gave her a wild orchid and asked her to marry him!!!! ...she said 'what did you say?' She had wondered if this day would ever come? Hurray!!! Finally it did!!!!!!!!!!Woo hoo!!! No need to wait---we've waited long enough already...

So 2 months later they were married in the SLC temple. That was along time ago but seems like yesterday.

And they lived happily ever after:>

16 comments:

Rachel said...

Cute Pictures!! The kids look just like you guys when ya'll were younger. Could pass as twins!

Anonymous said...

It's amazing that all this happened as a result of a Halloween Dance and burnt banana bread. May we continue to clown around with each here and throughtout eternity ------

I have a good life said...

I love the story...with pictures it brings it all to life. Happy Anniversary! :)

Lana said...

what fun fun pictures! and an awesome story!!

Klin said...

Awwww, how sweet. This is a great little tribute for your anniversary. I wonder what his side of the story would be like?

Ladybird said...

I like the first pic of urself the best.
may you live a hundred years more together in happiness.

nikko said...

Great pictures and Happy Anniversary! Now I want to hear the burnt banana bread story. ;o)

Love My Cottage Garden said...

Happy Anniversary! I love picture stories!! Life flies by so fast. I bet our guys had goofy mustaches about the same year.

connie said...

LOVED the anniversary story. Just had mine too.. 24 years, but even with five kids behind us, it only seems like about 3 years. We are both very lucky women

Jennie said...

love the story... love the pictures... how very cool!

i have missed you! i am sorry, i haven't been a very good blog friend lately. but, i am back! and love getting caught up on your blog!

have a great week! and happy anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on a wonderful and romantic story. Loved all the pictures.

MaR said...

Visiting from ww's but I just had to read this post and it is such a happy love story, I am glad I did read it!
congratulations!

Karina said...

I came by for WW, and stayed for this post...what a wonderful post this was!!!

Congratulations!

Sarge Charlie said...

What a great post, being an old romantic, I love post like this.

Unknown said...

Aw...so cute! I hope I find a guy like that!

Lindy said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog : ) I love this post! My husband and I have the same anniversary date - Happy Anniversary to you both!