This weekend we had 2 birthdays--
It was this little guys 2nd B-day
(my nieces son)
He seemed to like his cake
We then had a pinata ---do you think it is big enough?
It was hard to break but they finally just ripped into it
Not so big now--I always think the empty pinata is sad esp when it is a human like character
We got him this outfit and some books
Another great aunt got him this fun shirt
We also celebrated this Sweet nieces B-day
She had this yummy cake from Swiss Pastry Shop
We all love it
She got two new couches for her B-day
I took my sisters pic do we like her w/ her glasses on
I also made two kinds of cookies Sunday Z wanted Snickerdoodles and B wanted White Chocolate /Walnut YUMMM!!!!
White Chocolate /Walnut
2 sticks butter
1 C (slightly less) brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
3 c flour (1+1+4/5)
1 c white chocolate chip ( 1c + a little more)
1 c walnuts
"Healthy" cookies: used "Can't believe its not butter", 1/2 the amount of brown sugar stated in the recipe, organic eggs, organic unsweetened chocolate chips, organic walnuts, 2C wholemeal flour.
Mix butter and brown sugar.
Add eggs salt baking soda
MIX/ Beat using electric mixer
Add vanilla flour chips walnuts
Spoon onto baking sheet.
Bake for 12 minutes or until brown.
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 1/2 cup shortening
* 1 1/2 cups white sugar
* 2 eggs
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 2 tablespoons white sugar
* 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Cream together butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, the eggs and the vanilla. Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt. Shape dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls.
3. Mix the 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls of dough in mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until set but not too hard. Remove immediately from baking sheets.
The Love Of My Life Is Strolling Heaven Today
22 hours ago