Monday, October 25, 2010

TX State Fair My World and RT

At the fair we love the award winning food


art and preserves

My favorite contest to see is the glue shoe contest kids make Punny (funny/pun displays of shoes)This first one is UGG-ly Betty boots

Vangogh-gogh boots

"Shoe"-mu



"Pear Cobbler"



"Shoeper Bowl"

"Mt Mashoeveous"


"Jackaloper Ropers"


Photo "Boot"h

"Sole Sister"

Everyone needs Smore shoes"







Shoelock Holmes and his sidekick "Watt"son

"Shoep"




Platform shoe

the taming of the Shoe

10 comments:

Sylvia K said...

I always enjoyed the State Fair! Always so much going on, so much to see! Terrific shots! And that's a LOT of shoes!! Hope you have a lovely week!

Sylvia

reg said...

being a guy I do have to admit that I really like the Campbells Soups shoe the most

Kim, USA said...

I love state fair and your fair is very beautiful with all these shoes.
Ruby Red Tuesday

Lana said...

fun shoes! that was as good as being there :)

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love the shoes. Even though I'm an Okie (but not a Sooner) I love the Sooner Stomper.

Sue said...

Those shoes were incredible..

Ralph said...

I don’t think of shoes as art - usually to cover our feet. I like the Jackalope boot, and every other character (including the shark!). Art and food, what a wonderful pairing!

Maurice Lauher said...

Great posting - it's a "shoe-in" for one of the most interesting I've seen for a while.

Empty Nester said...

Awesome pictures! Great idea...I'm a new follower on GFC from Ruby Tuesday!

Hey it's Amy Benson said...

I love the Campbell"s pumps and the "chompers" :) great photos.